Applies To: CLOUD VPS DEDICATED LINUX BACKUPS
Explanation of Backup Modes
For Linux and cPanel servers, we offer four different modes of backups.
cPanel ServersFor servers running cPanel, we recommend the "/backup" mode as cPanel will store its backups under this directory and this is where cPanel manages its backup retention.
- /backup - This mode will sync all data stored under this directory.
- /home/backup - This mode will sync all data stored under this directory.
- Common Directories - This mode we will take a backup of the following directories:
- All Directories - in this mode Memset will take a nightly backup of the contents of all data on the entire server.
Please note, the Memset backup system will not follow symlinks.
Changing the Backup Mode for your Server
You can change the Backup Mode for your Server at anytime, to do so;
- Log in to the Memset Control Panel, then click the "Manage" option for your server on the Services page.
- Click the "Managed Backups settings" link under "Management Tools".
- Select the required backups mode from the drop-down box, then click the "Update" button.