Direct Debit is a convenient and safe payment method. It allows for payments to be taken automatically, meaning there is no risk of late payments. Additionally, the Direct Debit Guarantee offers protection to customers in the event that there is an error with a payment.
What is a Direct Debit mandate?
A mandate (also known as a "Direct Debit Instruction" or "Direct Debit Request") is set up on a customer's bank account when a Direct Debit is authorised for a specific merchant, usually via an online form. An active mandate needs to be in place before any Direct Debit payments can be collected.
Who manages the Direct Debit?
Our Direct Debit service is provided by a third party, GoCardless, who are experts in managing payments and Personally Identifiable Information. We have chosen to use GoCardless as we are experts in providing secure cloud hosting and want to ensure our customers benefit from experts in Direct Debit.
How do I set up a Direct Debit?
we will then be able to charge your account according to the payment parameters set for you by the merchant.
What if my account requires multiple signatures to authorise Direct Debits?
When you complete the online payment page, you will find a check box
Can I pay for all services with one Direct Debit?
A Direct Debit can be used to pay for all of your services, whether they are billed separately or consolidated on one invoice. If you would like to set up consolidated billing, please contact your account manager or the Customer Care team by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1483 608 010.
How do I cancel a Direct Debit?
- Directly with your bank or via your online banking;
- Via your Memset Control Panel
How do I reinstate a Direct Debit mandate?
How long does it take to process my payment?
If your payment has failed, the collection can be retried by Memset, as long as the mandate is still active. Please get in touch with the Customer Care team (firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1483 608 010). You will receive a notification email whenever a payment is retried.
How do I obtain a refund?
If you require a refund for a payment, please contact the Customer Care team. GoCardless is unable to issue refunds at the request of payer.
A payment has been taken that I did not authorise.
What emails will I receive from GoCardless?
- (please note failure notifications are sent the next working day, after the charge date).
How do GoCardless keep my details safe?
Security is of utmost importance at GoCardless. They take steps to ensure customer data remains safe at all times:
- Their access to the Direct Debit system is provided by some of Europe's major banks, who have approved their systems.
- All customer data is treated in accordance with European data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- All client-server communication is 256-bit SSL encrypted
- They are ISO27001-certified and regularly perform internal and external security audits on all their systems and processes
- They will never share any data they collect from you with third parties for their own unrelated purposes, except as specifically needed to process your payments.
GoCardless are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services as an Authorised Payment Institution and serve more businesses than any other Direct Debit provider.
All money collected is held in a secure client monies account with either the Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays Bank or SEB before being paid out to the merchant.
You can view the full GoCardless privacy notice here.